Saturday, May 22, 2004

Wizard World 2004

Wizard World Philadelphia was interesting this year. Even though Alfred Molina, which was why I volunteered, did not make it - due to weather conditions in NYC (I think he may have been coming in a helicopter or some airplane and it was pretty overcast when we left...). That was a bit disappointing, but I would've missed his panel because we didn't get there until after it would have begun anyway... Sigh....

My volunteer work was interesting - I go to do more or less what I do at work - except counting people (thank God!) - and I got to be loud! I yelled at and directed people at the front entrance to go to the right if they were buying tickets , to the end of the hall if they had advance orders to pick up or have a good day to those who, God bless 'em, had their tickets pinned where I could see them. Believe me, I saw a bunch of underwear waistbands of those guys who pinned their tags under their shirts on their pants' waistbands - why do they wear their pants so low? Then I got to guard dog the Eliza Dushku signing area and got autographs for the kids from her when she finished her signing shift. She's a cute girl, but I think she must be on some drugs. She was very zoned out....

Not much else - tried to con a Marvel comic book editor, Joe Quesada, out of some comic books, but it didn't work...

I had my picture taken with the show organizer and his wife. Who knows? I could be in the next issue of Wizard...It was as long a day as I put in at my paid work, but more interesting people.

We got lost trying to get out of Philadelphia, but that was no surprise. Once we got on I95, we found the NJ Turnpike and found our way home pretty easy. Stopped for dinner at a Turnpike stop and I had Sbarro spaghetti and meatballs. I wonder why restaurants always make meatballs so big!

Elysha drove home and she was kinda freaked out at trying to get out of Philly because of all the one way streets, so we couldn't turn around to easily....But she was okay on the highway. She nearly got clipped by some old guy right near home, who was inching over into our lane. She blew the horn at him and he blew back and then yelled at her through the window. She pulled in front of him then and slowed down to the speed of the can beside her. Bet his shorts were in a twist by the time he got home.

Anyway, we all had a good time...

No comments: