Thursday, September 08, 2005

I've had a long week... Vacations are great until they're over. Especially if you inflict injury to your body, like I always manage to do. I didn't mention it when I posted after we got back because I thought it would go away, but I got what seemed to be rope burn on my arm. The rope is the picture on the left with the pretty blue fish going through it - pictures on the right are of nurse sharks taken through the rope "fence", which is how I got "burned". The one at the top is of the cigar- smoking snorkeler on dry land - my Madonna pose.
These are other pictures - dawn at upper left, "our building" upper right, a sculpture made from DH's bedspread- I'll tell you about that in a sec - and the DH with a monkey on his head at Manati Park. The reason the bedspread being sculptured into something that resembles a dinosaur is that the maids do wonderful sculptures with towels and also that my DH tends to pull the bedspread off the bed and wrap himself in it to sleep. After finding the bedspread in a heap a couple of days in a row, I guess they decided he deserved a sculpture of his own....My arm hasn't gotten a lot better, so today I soaked it in peroxide this afternoon, put Neosporin on it and wrapped it up. It's in a flesh-colored tape, so I think I can get by without sleeves...

No comments: