Thursday, December 22, 2005

Good thing(?) Bad thing

In one of those weird universe sort of things.... The good thing- well, the weird thing - is that Jenni called to tell me that Kara had pierced Schlepp's nose so that he would be like Elysha's boyfriend. That's what he looks like unpierced - Schlepp, that is...
Then Elysha calls, in tears. Sigh... Someone at Gibbs College in Livingston had the gall to take her high school class ring from the sink in the bathroom when she turned to dry her hands.
It looks a bit like this, except the engraved stuff is her personal design and it has a peridot for the setting - hers is also white gold. It's a Jostens ring and she was Verona High School Class of 2004. I'm betting it may wind up in a pawn shop in Hoboken, Patterson, Newark or Irvington (higher crime rates than Livingston - and where a good many of the students at Gibbs are from). I checked at the Jostens design site and her ring will cost $320+ to replace... Kind of takes a bit of the Spirit of Christmas away. Why would some chick steal a class ring with Elysha's oddly spelled name on it? And from a school that the thief couldn't have gone to? Well, there's my bias rising to the top... I hope it turns up - the thief may realize that Elysha's name and nickname - "Shorty" are on the sides...Sigh....
Anyway, if you happen to be in any of the areas mentioned and near a pawn shop, take a look for me, will you? I'm hoping for the proverbial Christmas miracle, but my luck hasn't been running real well....SIGH...

No comments: