Monday, February 20, 2006

I haven't blogged in a while - not much interesting. I'm still ticked off about the cartoon deal with the Muslims...I bought Danish Cream Havarti ( a glorious cheese!) and made sure it was Danish. I don't see how anyone could pass that cheese up just because the Danes came up with it... Yum....
Just a thought though - wouldn't Mohammed, the prophet, be better looking than in the cartoons? Seems like they only reflected the ugly followers that storm consulates and stuff when they are insulted... A lot of ugly young Arabs out there... If one portrayed the Prophet as a white guy not unlike oneself (sort of like the Jesus that was a first century Jew who is always shown in paintings and stained glass as a 16th century European), would that not be more insulting to said prophet than showing him to be just like his followers? But maybe I'm taking this whole thing a bit too seriously, considering that it's one of those things that doesn't affect me a lot (well, at least so far!). Trying to figure out why a whole lot of people react in a specific way when encouraged by media, leaders, or peer groups would take a more polished psychological view. I didn't even get around to Psych 101...
Currently, here in NJ, it's cold, crisp, and sunny. Currently the temperature is 32° F, with a wind chill making it feel like 23°. Dyslexic weather. Just what I need! But I'm off work tonight!!!!

No comments: