Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Little Behind...

Don't I wish... But seriously, I have not been bloging as much as ususal. Felt kind of out of sorts lately. Not sleeping well, not eating well, that sort of out of sorts...Haven't been dredging the internet for Women's History stuff either. Just kind of slogging (as opposed to blogging, I guess) along.
I finally talked to my mother after a loooong time - all is well there on the old homefront so far. She said she fell on her knees, unintentionally, of course. She was worried about her knee replacement getting knocked out of sync, but doesn't want to go to the doctor, who will shuffle her around getting all sorts of tests and stuff. She said her knees just were a little sore, so she thinks they are both ok. Thank goodness my brother was there to help her get up - her dog is definitely not a Lassie sort of dog. In fact, Kerry, the dog, is the cause of her falling a lot of the time....
Jenni called and Kara has been sick - fever and strep throat. She's better now and got her report card. The kid is reading way over her grade (grade 2) level - she reads by herself at a third to fifth grade level. She's getting all As and outstandings, but she tends to be a daydreamer and a talker. Runs in the family...
One of Elysha's friends from high school came up to visit from Centrall Jersey where she now lives. She used to live right by the library, so she hung out with Elysha a lot when they were first driving and I got dropped off at work...
So everybody here is doing okay. Online, one of my blogging "friends" is apparently getting a divorce, one has been sick and has paused in her blogging (I hope she feels better - those allergies are going to be a bitch this year, I think), one is cooking like a maniac and has gotten the Doctors without Borders cookbook by a lot of bloggers out, the guys who do the Comic Book blogs are getting boring, and the
Mcphee New Product Feed says it can put Mr. T (yeah, that Mr. T) in my Pocket - or yours - for $12.95. This pocket player has six different sayings, such as: "Shut up, fool!" and "Quit your jibba jabba!" Hey, I can say that!
So much for today... I have yesterday's comic books to read, then I'm off for a lovely two hours of work at the aforementioned public library. And tomorrow is payday! TGIF, as well!

No comments: