Thursday, June 15, 2006

Systems analyst....

Wish I were one, or had that kind of knowledge, rather than hit and miss fixing....I "tested" Office 7, beta2 and it apparently messed up my Works 8 program very badly. Am essential DLL file is messed up and even though I have found the DLL file and replaced it with one downloaded fresh from the Net, it ain't workin'. And I put in a lot of work trying to get it fixed, too. None of the Works programs will come up without a "the procedure entry point?LoadResource DLL blah,blah, blah" note. I'm pissed off because I have a bunch of stuff saved as .wps files and now can't open them. All the information I've found online (yeah, it's happened to other folks, too) says it's a lost cause without a reinstall disk for Works - and mine was preinstalled on the machine. The restore system was supposed to be backed up when I first got it - but I didn't get around to it, as far as I can tell. But those back-up disks may be here somewhere. Gotta look, cause a replacement from dear old Gateway/eMachines costs $20....Sigh.... A T3990, in case you have a back-up of Works 8, anybody....Found the reinstall disks - they're worse than worthless.... Sigh....

No comments: