Sunday, July 30, 2006

Question of the Day

What's the one song or piece of music that makes you smile and forget the cares of the day? More than one? Somebody asked that question on his blog and Elayne Riggs (who says "Penny Lane" is hers) passed it on. So I went to the original blog and posted mine - they're odd since I didn't like them when they came out, but have developed a deep affection for them this late in life. One is Meat Loaf's "I Would Do Anything For Love" - don't know why. Maybe it's that thrumming motorcycle introduction. Another is Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". When it comes on the car radio, I roll the windows down, turn it up loud and sing my little heart out. And - Janis Joplin's "Take Another Little Piece of my Heart" and "Mercedes Benz". I do the same thing with the car windows and volume on the car radio.
And grin like a fool....

No comments: