Sunday, October 22, 2006

Eight Things I Find Amazing in Picture Form

Here's my attempt at playing the game of "eight things I find amazing in picture form." I got it from Elayne Riggs, who got it from Donna, who got it from someone else... I'm not really sure if this was the main idea, but it's my shot at it...Picture credits given where available.
The sky. Photo by my granddaughter, Kara Barstead.
The fact that I grew a pumpkin that I could actually take a picture of - photo by me.
A rose named Peace, growing in my garden - photo by Kara And, lest you think all that's amazing to me is in my own yard - I am astounded every time I see fish that are the color of the sky in the same water where there are fish the size of a car and the color of mud. Photo by me, Dominican Republic.
I find it amazing that a portion of the temple still manages to stand in Jerusalem after, pardon the expression, God only knows how many years... It is also amazing that I managed to beat this virus, the St. Louis encephalitis virus, which allegedly (it's what I had been diagnosed with) struck me in 1964. I'm blaming it for the fact that I don't remember anything that occured before 1964, except what I've read or been told...
© 2004-2005 Cepolina photo
I've always been amazed that I can get into a plane like this and it will lift off the ground and fly at a height of around 35,000 feet for 900 plus miles. I've always looked to the skies and watched planes overhead with a degree of awe, even before moving to the greater New York City area. Now I watch aircraft with a whole new degree of awe at what they can do...

This is one of the most amazing things in my life - the personal computer. I have met people from all over the world, people who I used to know, people I would never have known and pictures I would never have seen from places I could only dream of. Baby, I'm amazed all right...

No comments: