Wednesday, December 13, 2006

End of year doctor stuff....

Well, yesterday was one of those days... I went to the eye doctor and was told my vision seems to have improved (go figure), my daughter went and had her back x-rayed (and they said today there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her back, although she's in pain a lot of the time)and the DH was sobbing in pain when I got home at 9 pm. Woodgie was looking at the bathroom door, with a look on her face that said "What is the matter? Why is he in the bathroom making all that noise?" I asked if he was sick again (he said he had thrown up on Sunday morning). He choked out that he thought he had a kidney stone again because it hurt as bad as it had before (he's had two others, the last being maybe 10 or 11 years ago). So I got him to get dressed and took him to the emergency room at Mountainside Hospital. He managed to talk to a nice doctor named Dr. Holman and they put him on an IV with a pain medication in it and he felt better as soon as it got in him. He went to the bathroom right before they took him for a CT scan and the stone apparently had passed, but they could see where it had been. He's on medication to take care of an infection brought about by the stone and he sounds like he's going to be okay.
I made a mess of my Christmas card template, so I bought cards yesterday. The wonderful picture (ha, ha, ha) of us with Santa will probably not be in it....
Today I made cookies to take to the Christmas party at work on Friday and crock pot cooked a Brisket for dinner. We got Avon stuff for some stocking stuffers and a CD of Christmas songs from WCBSfm.com. Not much today, for which I am thankful - we were in the ER from 9:45pm until 1 am - it was a long day yesterday...

No comments: