Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hi, I'm not a candidate....Sigh

Since I pasted my petition of nomination, I suppose it is only right that I paste my letter of withdrawal here, too. I submitted my papers on Monday, signed them and had them notarized on Tuesday (my campaign manager, Elysha was able to go with me then) and by Tuesday afternoon, I was notified by the township manager that I could either keep my job at the library or take the job with the town council - there's a difference of about $8,000 in the salaries. I'm staying with the library. After 18+ years, it would be pointless to leave - and I can't afford to serve. Probably can't afford to fight the decision either....


TO: Jean Mc Enroe
Municipal Clerk of Verona NJ

I, Kathleen Pearlman, hereby withdraw my petition for nomination for the office of town councilmember-at-large, which was presented and verified by the office on March 6, 2007.
I am withdrawing due to a presumed conflict of interest, as cited by the township manager, Joseph Martin, of which I was informed on March 6, 2007.

Kathleen Pearlman

___________________________________________________

No comments: