Thursday, April 26, 2007

RAINES

I have been meaning to write about a terrific show on NBC that I love! It's called "Raines" and is about a detective (Jeff Goldblum, one great-looking Jewish dude!) who has homicide victims come to life in his imagination. The wonderful thing about it is that, even though it's on television, NBC, Friday nights at 9 o' clock, it's also online! And when I'm sitting at the computer and have finally run out of things to do or read and haven't seen the latest episode, I can watch it in its entirety with only 6 commercials. I like it!!! One of the things from Raines that has me puzzled is who did the sketches in episode 4, "Stone Dead", about a guy who came up with an idea for a comic book called "Payback". The kid was a dealer, too, and was killed in a bad deal with another drug dealer. Anyway, there were some terrific pieces of comic-style art and I would love to know who did them and what happened to them... Anybody know how I can find out? I'm going to drop a note to Mark Evanier, as he seems to know a lot about Hollywood, TV and comics. Maybe he will know....

No comments: