Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

turkey

Well, we're off soon (some might say we're off most of the time, but this is in a different respect). I'm hoping all goes well.

On the other hand, I went for an interview at Mountainside Hospital yesterday for a position as a library assistant. It looked to be much like what I do at my current job, but, as it turned out, it's much different. The job is really a research assistant - the library does reference work for the doctors, residents, interns, nurses and staff at the hospital and the nursing school, as well as for the patients who might have concerns and want to know more about them. It would involve sitting at a computer most of the day, looking up journal articles in a huge database with medical terms. It sounds terrific, but the bad part is having to understand the medical terminology. The people who interviewed me were very nice, but I have my doubts about the "second round of interviews"... Ah, well...

Have a lovely day all - and watch out for that food!

It could come back and get you!

No comments: