Tuesday, February 05, 2008

It's been a long week.....


So far, in the past week and a little.... I've gotten my CPAP machine for sleep apnea and not gotten a decent night's sleep, plus I had a blister on the bridge of my nose from the mask. Then the networking adapter went out on the computer that runs the wireless connection at home (yeah, I'm at work - see the Dilbert from February 3rd, which I have unabashedly stolen from the official Dilbert site ).I'm particularly fond of the line - "I'm drowning and monkeys dressed as lifeguards are throwing me anvils." That's what life felt like last week. It's not a lot better, but I did discover that it was my computer's Ethernet connection that was the problem and a new Ethernet card only set me back about $20, counting shipping from Tiger Direct ( great deals on computers, electronics, pc components and accessories ). It should come tomorrow - or may even be at home by the time I get home.... A lady from AtHome Medical, where I got my CPAP machine from, brought a petite sized mask for me and that may save my poor old nose from being abused at night. I also found the directions for the machine, finally and found that I'm supposed to wash it twice a week... Hopefully, I haven't picked up an infection from "dirty" equipment. Sigh. (yeah, that's an official big sigh.) 45 more minutes and I'll be headed home. I'll try to update tomorrow and tell you how the new mask works. :-)

No comments: