Sunday, August 17, 2008

Woodgie, feline instincts defunct...

Woodgie proved to be an inside cat, even when outside. It may have been that she was on a lead, but anyway...

We were walking around the house and were in the back, when I noticed a rabbit off to the side. I said,"Look, Woodgie, a rabbit!" She looked everywhere else and finally I picked her up and took her to where she sat not 10 feet from the rabbit. The rabbit didn't budge. I said, "Look, Woodgie, a bunny!" She stared at the rabbit, the rabbit stared back. They both stood, looking at each other for about five minutes. Then Woodgie sat down. I know, you thought I was going to say that she chased the bunny. No, not this cat. She sat down and looked at the rabbit, who kept checking us out, too. Then Woodgie looked around to see if anything else was going on and the bunny did, too. I was the middleman, so to speak. I said, "Woodgie, Bunny. Bunny, Woodgie." Neither one of them would make any move at all (except Woodgie's tail kept swishing back and forth). Finally, I had enough and took another step toward the bunny and said, "Shoo!" and the bunny took off. Woodgie just sat there, until I tugged on the lead and told her we needed to walk again.

She's just stubborn. If I hadn't wanted her to chase the rabbit, she'd have been hauling me across the yard....

lazybones

No comments: