Friday, April 24, 2009

Another exciting week…

Well, it’s been a while. On the good news front – Elysha was accepted to her college in Worchester, U.K. Same new, bad side – we have to get the money for tuition, housing, etc. Same front good news – Elysha opened a bank account at a bank that has branches in the U.K. Bad news on that – she only had $10 to deposit, which is probably $7 by now, since they charge $3 a month on deposits under a $1,500 balance – which Elysha may never see in her lifetime, let alone as a college student… He colitis is giving her pain and her gall bladder may be adding to the difficulty – stuff is now green, from bile being excreted into her intestines and not being resorbed. She has to have an MRI next week. I took a trip – onto the driveway and fractured my nose and bunged up my arm so that it really hurts. I went to First Care (the closest thing to an ER without being at a hospital)and they x-rayed my head and my arm. I’m on antibiotics and pain medicine – got to go back there ion Tuesday. Not much else exciting. Easter was pretty at church (or did I post that?) The flowers were arranged in a cross in front of the altar, lots of tulips, daffodils and geraniums. I was liturgist and wore a dress I found at BCO (Bargain Catalog Outlet) that only cost $9.99 – and it fits!!! That BCO is terrific. They have so many nice things in large sizes…. My Acting-Up class is going nicely - Frankie Faison was our teacher again this last week. He’s funny and got a lot out of some of the people. Most of the men (there were only 3) have not come back –just a loopy mentally disabled guy who wants to be a movie star but can barely speak or write… But there were some interesting stories that came from some of the gals… I haven’t found anything interesting lately while walking. Guess the shawl I found (probably silk, it turns out) was the best.

I hope next week goes a little bit better – or at least everybody feels better. Steven seemed to have a cold last week and he finally sounds better – and Elysha got some medicine to help with the pain she always has with the intestines trying to heal up… So, as Scarlett O’Hara once said “After all... tomorrow is another day…

No comments: