Thursday, June 04, 2009

Long time, no posts...

It's June already. Aside from that, not much else is new. We're all in good health here. The granddaughter - the non-fur one- celebrating her 11th birthday; the older daughter celebrating her 32nd birthday; my mother celebrating her 80th birthday (thank goodness, we'll be there for that one- I hope, since Elysha and I are driving down on the 14th or 15th); Steven's niece's son is celebrating his 1st birthday on the 14th; us Pearlmans are celebrating 24 years of wedded whatever on the 22nd; and the fur granddaughter is celebrating her 3rd birthday on the 26th. Other anniversaries are in there, as well, but not my family or my problem...
In other matters, Mine that Bird did not win the Preakness, because the jockey that won on both him and the filly that won the Oaks, Rachel Alexandra, rode her in the Preakness and won with her. Mine that Bird may win the Belmont - the filly isn't running. She will be worth more even not running more because she, as opposed to the gelding, can be bred after she is a bit older and they decide to "retire" her. Although not running will be rougher on her than it is on a stud...
I'm a a bit more manic than usual, but I'm over-caffeinated, and slightly off my meds. No crashing yet...
Elysha is kind of waffling on the semester in England... I can't wait to hear what Steven has to scream say about that....

No comments: