Thursday, June 11, 2009

Woodstock - 3 Days of Peace and Music

I got the DVD of Woodstock- the two disc 40th anniversary edition- from the library. I have never liked Jimi Hendrix, but watching him perform the music made it magic, rather than it being the tinny, messed up sort of crackhead stuff when I hear it on the radio (yeah, I still listen to radio sometimes - I'm old). The music parts of the DVD are terrific, but they cut way too much music out and put in too much "culture of the times". Like nude bathers, sex in the grass, sharing weed, and interacting with the locals -very old people.... The end had a tribute to people who have passed since 1969, like Jimi, Pearl, John Lennon, Martin Luther King, Jr., Bobby Kennedy....
I’m going to watch it again- with the kids when we get to Mom’s maybe…image After reading an article on Woodstock on Wikipedia, I find that the film I saw had more music in it than the original cut… How sad….

No comments: