Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Meat Loaf - Wellmont - July 17, 2012


Went to see  Meat Loaf at the Wellmont Theater in Montclair last night. He certainly is different. Why, oh, why do older musicians pick up backup groups that play so that you can't hear anything? Even the music itself is practically unbearable. It was so hard to hear Meat Loaf sing over the raucous background group. Made Steven furious. There were only a couple of really good songs... Paradise by the Dashboard Light was understandable (but then again, I knew the lyrics). But the band made Bat out of Hell and I Would Do Anything For Love hard to understand and/or listen to... But I do get into the loud music and crowd, because I like to get up and dance. Meat Loaf looked up into the balcony where we were sitting and I swear he said to me that he was singing one song just for me.      Cell phones make lousy cameras - or at least mine does. These pictures are worse than my ones at B.B. Kings... Sigh. Hoping this isn't his last tour - literally. After I posted about Davy Jones' last show at B.B. King's, he passed on just 10 days later. And that made me very, very sad....

No comments: