Thursday, September 16, 2004

I haven't blogged in a while. Been busy with school ( yeah, I know, just one class a day is busy?) and getting home from school... Schlepping up the hill is hard on me, being as how I'm terribly out of shape.

But I'm still schlepping along, huffing and puffing and looking for a reason to stop and catch my breath so I don't fall over, yet don't look stupid for stopping in the middle of the sidewalk, y'know? I have had the good fortune to run into someone I knew who stopped her walking to talk to me for a bit yesterday and a nice little dog who stopped to talk to me today. Talking to the pug may have been a bit silly, but its owners understood... Lucy, their dog, apparently gets a lot of conversation. A real cutie-pie. Sometimes I wish we had a dog, then I remember the "CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG!!" signs. Walking the dog might not be too bad - it's the cleaning up after that is a bit appalling... Of course, our dog might be trained to go only in our yard, like my mom's dog. But, then again, she has a fence...

Ah, well. I'd really like a lizard, but haven't the room to keep one in a tank and I'm not sure they're good about sleeping in a bed with you. :-)

By the way, L´Shanah Tovah, to those of you of the Jewish persuasion...

No comments: