Saturday, October 18, 2008

Update, Verona...

I haven't written in a long while, but it hasn't been boring... Elysha got sick and had to go the ER. Turned out she was dehydrated and just empty....She's okay now. Her first race for Jersey Boyz got rained out and the second, they weren't ready for, so maybe the third on November 1st will be okay. She's also planning to go to London, England for winter break for a graphic design tour. She better get her rear in gear and get her passport , so it'll be ready when she has to go.... Week before last on Friday, every non-professional on staff (the non-librarians) was gone , so I had to work 9-5. So I go to lunch at 2 and come back around quarter to three and see a car right in the middle of the grass in front of the library. I look further and see a bunch of police cars and the rescue squad. There's a lady siting in the car, talking to an EMT. There were no skid marks and you could barely tell she'd driven into the grass\. It just kind of made me speechless. I didn't ask anybody what happened, figuring somebody would say something, but no... I checked the police reports this week in the two weekly papers and there isn't a word about it. I want to know what happened!!!!!

Monday, the same people were gone, so I worked 2-9, but nothing as exciting happened...

I got a costume for Kara - a "feather witch " from HalloweenMart.com, along with tights to wear with it. image

I've also ordered some of my Christmas presents, so Christmas won't be so expensive all at once. I've read some good books - mostly "young adult novels". I've also been typing up some math papers for a friend . I've been liturgist at church a lot lately, but the past few Sundays, I let somebody else do it. I've been recertified as a local lay speaker, even though my certificate expired, I would think - I haven't taken any more classes to keep it valid. Maybe once was enough...

I've gotten some nice freebies from my freebie lists and I've joined Post Crossing - it's a project that allows anyone to exchange postcards (paper ones, not electronic) from random places in the world. I've sent ten - and  five are still traveling somewhere out there...  I've  sent eight cards to Finland (they seem to have a lot of Post Crossers there!),two to the Netherlands, one to Brazil, one to Lithuania, one to Germany, one to Malaysia, and one to Russia. I've gotten  five cards - two from Germany, one from Brazil, one from Finland, and one from Estonia.Kitten - GermanyHere's the front and back of one the ones from Germany. Of course, Woodgie is in my profile. I think if we had a mail slot, she would manage to get out through it. She was naughty once when I let her out by herself. Elysha caught her standing out in the middle of the road. She's been grounded for a while. Probably not out without a lead on anymore...

Today was one of my 9-5 days and I'm beat... I'm going to try to get caught up on a few things and get in bed a bit earlier. My CPAP mask - an OptiLife by Respironics. I'm in for a trial of a new mask for Resmed, which makes a mask that I might like better than the OptiLife.  So I'll see how things work out... Sigh (not snore, just sigh)... I hope to get some work done around the house this next week. I have to sort through my summer/ winter clothes and get rid of some of them - while my church is doing a clothing drive! And the church is having its Autumn Fair next Saturday. I hope I get to go in the morning at least - so far, I'm only down for 12-5 next Saturday!churchfair

No comments: