Saturday, March 28, 2009

Walt Disney Treasures

I got a DVD from another library of the Walt Disney Treasures series. This one is the cartoons from the earliest period of Disney cartoons - from 1920 to the 1960s. The earliest ones are silents, with a mix of animation and live action. The animation is pretty primitive and the little girl that is in them is so precious that when you see her as an old woman in the bonus interview with Leonard Maltin, it's a little sad. The early cartoons are the Alice series and the lady tells of contract disputes in the 20s with her mother. It's a pity the little girl didn't get to go on acting while she was small - she was a doll. They aren't all in color - most are black and white on the first disk. The mouse in the Alice Comedies resembles Mickey a bit. If you get to take a look at this (available though your public library - if they don't have it, ask them to get it from another library. That's how I got it - thank you, Free Public Library of Berkely Heights, NJ.) And I saw something about one of the cartoons online. I thought it was in Mark Evanier's blog, but I checked there and did not find anything that referred to Disney Rarities. I now wonder what exactly I got the disk to see?

No comments: