Thursday, October 01, 2009

Opera,etc...


I went to Englewood NJ to pick up a contest win - opera tickets that we won from the Bergen Record. See, my DH will enter anything - and we were a shoo-in for 'em, too. I mean OPERA is the last thing you'd see Pearlman at.....Had to be there at 4, and at work at 5... I had no navigator... I made it there, but had to pay $1.35 in tolls. I made it to work only 15 minutes late - traffic was a mess on Rt. 46. I only found Rt. 46 after stopping at an Exxon station somewhere around Alpine - which is in the wrong direction... I was on the road for an hour and a half. I haven't had anything to eat since a staff office party at 10:45...I need to get to bed early tonight...Sigh....BTW, I checked my cell - the battery was dead....Feh. I had no way to call for directions or to tell them I would be late - although I did warn the gal who worked till 5 at the party. I also thanked her profusely for staying until I got there. Steven is going to be perturbed about the opera and dinner - he needs to wear a suit.

No comments: