Friday, February 26, 2010

Long “Weekend”

snowflakes

Well, I’ve had three days vacation since my usual Wednesday off. It snowed like crazy on Thursday – the library closed early and I, yes, work 5-9 on Thursday. Woke up this morning and looked out the window at about 12” or more of snow and it was still coming down. I went back to my nice warm, cozy bed. The phone rang, but nobody answered it – Steven said it was my boss, but he left no message. I’m hoping they weren’t stupid enough to open because the Twit would walk to work. I’m not that stupid. I could barely get to the newspaper (bless our carrier’s little heart). Snow was nearly up to my knees. I haven’t trudged through snow like that since Jenni was a baby.

bushes snow 2-25-10 Here are the shrubs out front yesterday afternoon.

shrubs 2-26-2010 blizzard Here they are today in the afternoon. The guy across the street loaded snow into his pickup and drove it away from the drive to unload it. The plow had undone all the shoveling he did this morning when it was still snowing. Steven cracked up watching him shovel it away cause he knew the plow would come by and push it right back in front of his drive. 

I’m a little tired of staying in, although it’s been a good couple of days to not have to go anywhere. Since I don’t go much of anywhere anyway, I don’t get cabin fever. :-) And the fridge was stocked up well and I had made a pot of soup on Wednesday.

Woodgie keeps watching the door. If she can’t see any grass when it opens, she steps back, as if to say ”I’m not going out in that stuff.”

We’re all anxious for Spring. Hope y’all have a good weekend – a real one. 

No comments: