Thursday, March 15, 2012

Another week

Well, it's been a long week. Monday started at 4 am. Got up, got dressed, read most of my e-mail nad went to St. Barnabas Medical Center. Registered in the Short Stay Center at 5:30 am and went in for my septoplasty and turbinectomy at 7:30. I was in recovery for a while, not sure how long...  I had a little oxygen mask that fit over my chin. A nurse had me blowing into a little thing called an AirLife® Volumetric Incentive Spirometer (although I didn't know what it was  then - I just now looked it up) because they discovered I have diminished lung capacity.  So I need to exercise my lungs. I got home around 2pm, had a little bit of jello and ice pops an d my anti-biotics, then Tylenol with codeine and sleep. Found out Tuesday morning that both I , and the hospital, hadn't done a lot of the post-operative care procedures that were supposed to be done in the first 24 hours. It doesn't seem to have made a lot of difference, but who knows? I slept on and off a lot until today. The pain is not real bad, but it is annoying. The pain meds helped me sleep. I was so foggy headed that I really  needed the sleep, even if it was catnaps. Woodgie has been my nurse. She won't leave me alone for long.  She and I cat nap together. Today I feel pretty good. I felt great on Tuesday, but lousy on Wednesday. So how I'll be tomorrow is anybody's guess. I go in for my post-op appointment with my doctor on Monday.  We'll see what he has to say then.

No comments: