Saturday, August 23, 2008

Great American Novel and dreams thereof....

I checked a book out of the library titled "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln " thinking I would read it, absorb some of the knowledge about Lincoln and the time period preceding and during the U.S.Civil War, so that I could do more work on my novel,a portion of which was published on this very blog some time ago. But I've been distracted from it all week. When I feel really brave again, I'll take a look at it.

I've been messing around with some crafts. I felt like I was at camp again, with sticks, leaves, feathers, glue and scissors. A collage of all the above (save for the scissors - but I did use them) and a cover with a collage of the sticks, etc. for a box that had brie in it previously was all I got accomplished this afternoon. That I called it a box was a bit of overstatement. It's a circle of very thin wood for both the top and the bottom, with a piece of cardboard sort of stapled to it. The don't really put enough of the staples in either part so it isn't exactly round.

lid

Here's the lid. I got a little carried away with the twigs...

collage

And this is the collage - the "ladybug " at right is made from a leaf; the leaf and the tiny flower above her are from my basil plants and the green leaf at the top is sage. The off looking bit at far left is my thumbnail holding it up.... I hope I can frame it so it doesn't look like a second grader's camp project....Or maybe I can do another one tomorrow....smileyunsure

No comments: