Sunday, June 19, 2005

Batman Begins
Well, I saw it and I'm sorry to say my youngest daughter was right - lots of disappointing parts and some that were just so not Batman.... James Gordon was done well, the DA's office is an insult to District Attorneys everywhere... My DH and I thought it was a James Bond movie, with Batman as Bond. The excessive violence made me wonder why the bad guys tried to get rid of this Batman - he nearly destroyed Gotham on his own and that's what the multitude of bad guys were trying to do..... Very disappointing. Lots of action though if you like the fight scenes in the comics. In that case, yeah, I guess it was like a reading comic book as the "Batfans" on the Batman newsgroup seemed to think . Sad to say, they are right in that most comic books today are like that - too much violence on the part of the super-heroes and not enough thinking... Stupid billionaire Bruce Wayne destroys Gotham..... Yes, indeed, I'm surprised only a few people learned his not-so-secret identity in this one...

No comments: