Monday, January 02, 2012

Just another new year

2012.
It's been a long time since I've just written in my blog. I spend way too much time on Facebook. I'm off tonight (the union gets days adjusted for weekends and holidays bumping into each other). 2011 seemd like a very long year when we were in the middle of it. Now I can hardly believe it's 2012.After receiving my first "senior discount" without asking, I feel a lot older now than then... Everyone in the family seems to be doing pretty good, although Mom and Greg are on their own since Kerry passed on. Kerry was a good dog, in spite of the barking at everything. We'll miss her, bless her little heart.
Woodgie seems to be doing okay this year so far. We found one of her favorite toys from her kitten years under the oven and washed it up. It is a glue-on wing from an Easter duck egg. There were two, but one of them was not salvageable.  
The one on the left was when it was new - and when Woodgie was, too. She still crazy about it. Even if it isn't a real cat toy... Sigh. I've bought her some great toys and she still likes the wing better.
I'm going to start throwing stuff out that I've just hung on to because somebody might be able to use it someday. I think I'm beginning to realize that's a hopeless reason.
Well, tomorrow's gonna be another day - I will be working then... More later.

No comments: