Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Whoa. The time is going by pretty quick. I am scheduled for a surgical procedure in March to fix my deviated septum and "turbinates" in my nose. The doctor asked me  if I'd already had a rhinoplasty. When I went Huh?, he asked if I'd had a nose job recently. I said my nose was the one I was born with, other than the times I've broken it and pushed it back into place. He said my nose is very narrow and with the deviation of the septum and the turbinates, it is a little crowded when I'm congested.  have to get an EKG done pre-surgery, but other than that, there's nothing else to do but sniffle along and wait.   I hope it'll help me breathe a little better, although it isn't guaranteed.  If my septum is straightened out, I may be able to use the CPAP pillow masks better. That would be easier on my forehead. 
I'm just hoping for the best. 

No comments: