Friday, December 22, 2023

December 22nd

Current Weather
1:23 PM
33°F


Mostly
 Partly cloudy
RealFeel® 41°
RealFeel Shade™ 37°

I've been out most of the morning, so I say partly cloudy.
I sold the mini DVD player last night for $20 and Steven got the Merrill Lynch check yesterday. We went to the bank and deposited it. Stopped at Wendy's and got a few hamburgers. And cookies!
The real estate guy was from Berkshire Hathaway, which bought out Prudential real estate. He seems like he knows what he's doing and said Elysha could call him if she wanted to. 
Elysha called and screamed, well, yelled, at her father last night for falling for John's scheme. He was curled up in my bed and all he would say is that he was trying to make things right. She told him he needed to more than try. He said he made a mistake, he was sorry, and he also said he'd cooperate if Bamboozled would try to help. Elysha said we should call the police if John shows up again and wants more money. If he does show up uninvited, I'll tell him to get his concrete out of the garage and he'll be hearing from an attorney soon to get a partial refund, if not a whole one. If I remember, I'll take my phone out and record it all and tell him I'll call the police.
She called today and said she'd been working out stuff for us - she called and talked to a police officer. After I'd sent her pictures of what had been done, she said Jimi went nuts.  We talked for over an hour after I came back from the police station. They told me it's a civil case and there wasn't much they could do about it. She said I should call the court and talk to them - talk to a lawyer first - Elysha said she called Essex County legal aid. Said Jimi called the number I had for John and gave him hell. We may not see any of our money ever again but can't say we - especially Elysha - haven't tried.
My face has almost healed over - that second eyebrow is stubborn.

I took pictures of the outside - here they are.
Side of house washed with foundation fix
Dirt in back



by dining room window - painted?

Front steps full view from sidewalk - washed

side wall green washed off

patio - redone

front steps close up side steps














By side step in front.

No comments: