Thursday, March 28, 2024

March 28th

Current Weather
10:18 PM
38°F


Clear
RealFeel® 41°



Did a lot today - which is why I forgot this till now.
Went to Walgreens, got prescriptions and a COVID booster. Managed to do it as a train was stopping on the tracks across the road. We drove around trying to get around it. That took a  while.  We went to McDonalds for lunch. We stopped at ACE hardware, where he dropped off his UPS returns and I managed to get a not and bolt to fix the hinge bracket on the pneumatic tube on the front door. It was tough getting the guy to understand what I wanted. The nut and bolt cost me 43¢. Then Steven went to Xfinity to try to straighten out the billing - we've gotten two bills, one seems like it's for Verona, but he cancelled it, and it was prorated. While he was there, I went to the Cost Cutters next door and got my hair cut. It feels nice. Then we went to Lowe's and returned the cube shelves that blew apart on me. They refunded my money! We went to Dollar Tree and loaded up on Sweet Tea and Watermelon cocktails that were enormous - and only $1.25 apiece. I got some facial serum - an off brand, but hey, it was only $1.25 (the Dollar Tree isn't all just a dollar anymore).  Steven got a black baseball cap - it was either black or red and you don't want a red hat in this political season... I got a new pair of glasses - wire frames that will replace the ones that broke when I fell in the hotel in West Orange.  Finally, we stopped at the Pak-a-Sak and Steven cashed in his scratch-offs, got some new ones and got me a lemonade - it's just the best. It was a long day.
Some ladies are going to come by for some of the bears I put on nextdoor tomorrow, I hope. One says she wants Fozzie because that's her son's nickname.

No comments: