Wednesday, March 06, 2024

March 6th - kids are on their way home

Current Weather - South Bend - LaQuinta Motel
1:05 PM
50°F

Cloudy
RealFeel® 51°
RealFeel Shade™ 48°




Current Weather - Granger - Home

1:16 PM

48°F



Cloudy

RealFeel® 49°

RealFeel Shade™ 47°


Guess you can tell, I'm using the Chromebook today. Only a little difference with the weather- and it's 50°F in Verona. Last night was a disaster. We were two hours delayed and spent a long time on the ground in the plane which was very hot for a while. When we finally got in the air, the flight was about 25 minutes. It took less time than we waited for it. Then Steven's big bag did not come out of the plane. Turned out there had been one flight after ours that came to South Bend and ours had apparently been overloaded, so it got to come the South Bend on a different plane. Steven was crawling out of his skin waiting. I finally got the last bag and called the motel (I can't call it a hotel - it's not a Hilton, but it isn't a Motel 6, thank goodness).A little Indian (or that area - could've been Pakistani or an Afghan) came for us, but a little girl tried to get us to a cab (that was weird - and she didn't speak English, except for taxi and good night). It turned out he was also the night manager. We are in a room that looks like it could've been a Super 8 - which is a big difference - this is a Wyndham hotel. Anyway, we got here around 11:30 pm and finally got in bed around 1:00 am.Today kicked of with me sleeping too late to get breakfast. I put on my blackout mask and listened to some music. Both of my legs got awful Charley horses and it was wicked hurtful. Housekeeping knocked around 11 am and I said no thank you, then remembered we needed fresh towels. I ran to the door with all the dirty towels and gave them to housekeeping - I was only in a tee-shirt and my underwear, so didn't want to chat about them. Got in the shower to wash my hair, remembered I only had face towels. I did okay but the floor was very wet. I wiped off the wet places with the used towels. Steven went to check on the towels- they were all being washed or dried. I went to fix a cup of coffee - all that was there was decaf. I switched it from a cart outside the room. So, it's been that kind of day already and it's only 2:00.

Texted Elysha and she says one of the tires on our car was leaking air. They made it home all right and she says Jimi is going to try to get it repaired or replaced tomorrow morning.
Whew.

No comments: