Monday, April 01, 2024

April 1st - April Fool's Day

Current Weather
6:00 PM
47°F


Rain
RealFeel® 41°
RealFeel Shade™ 41°


Well, you can tell by the format that I'm back home. I got new prescriptions from the hospital's pharmacy. One of them is gabapentin, one is prednisone, and one is oxycodone. All are for pain. 
Went to Krispy Kreme and got a dozen doughnuts, then went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch - the place was packed and it was hard to find a table (I found one, cleaned it up and put napkins and dressing on the table, went to give Steven my Savor card, and some kid pounced into my seat. I was gone less than a minute so I yelled no, no, no at him and his father yelled back at me. Did the kid think they put out napkins - even with the edge of the table like in a real restaurant- on the table for his redneck family? I was mad, so, yes, I yelled.) Lots of kids. One of the staff said it was Spring Break. Well, they broke us. The chicken is all they serve, and it isn't any better, or as good as KFC. That and their "godly views" (they had an ad for a camp that was more like Bible school it sounded like - conversion camp) - which go against my opinions will make us never go to any Chick-fil-A no matter the sort of good service. 
Bing's copilot says Chick-fil-A’s controversies revolve around its donationspublic statements, and the tension between its conservative values and societal shifts toward LGBTQ+ acceptance. The debate continues, and opinions on the company remain divided. 
Not April Fool's.

No comments: